Monday, November 28, 2011

Cliff Wright... More like Cliff Wrong Door

Today was quite the adventure down to the Cliff Wright(CW) branch library. CW is located on McKercher Drive in the Lakewood Civic centre. Again I admire the multiple facilities in one building for convenience. However, CW did pose on little problem - I couldn't figure out how to get IN!!!! I know, it sounds so silly but I tried 3 different doors before I actually got the right one. Very confusing, especially for people who have never been there before. The door is actually around the corner in the picture and down a long alley way. There should be signs posted! Ha ha... Anyway
So when you finally find your way inside the door, the circulation desk is to your right. To your left is a small reading area, some work tables and the entire non fiction collection. I found everything was labelled according to the number, not subject, so for a person who doesn't know where to look, it can be confusing. Past the circulation desk, straight ahead is a fairly large children/juvenile section. In the middle of the branch is a small bank of computers, the DVD's and music, and further beyond that is the YA and adult fiction sections.
Of course I had to make a lengthy stop in the Science Fiction/Fantasy section... I was pleasantly surprised and the size of the section. Again there were a few books that looked quite new, and they even had a book from the series I am currently reading! (Can't leave without checking something out!)
I had intentions of staying and doing some homework today but I didn't for 2 reasons: 1)all the work tables were full, so there was no where for me to sit and 2) I was so mad about not being able to find my way in that I said forget it!
I can't promise I'll go to this branch again, but if I do, at least I'll be able to find the door no problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment